Saturday, August 22, 2009

Nighttime Humor

My husband sleepwalks sometimes. :-D If I happen to wake up and catch him in the act, it makes for great entertainment!!
A few nights ago, I wake up to him climbing out of bed. I sleepily ask where he's going and he mumbles something that doesn't make much sense. I immediately realized he was sleepwalking, so I watched him and got ready to confuse him. ;-) He starts trying to put his jeans on, but is all clumsy and uncoordinated and can't get his leg in. I asked again, "What are you doing?" He: "Oh, I have to go out and fix that.....um.....that." Me: "Oh, ok." After several tries, he still hasn't been able to get his jeans on, so I say "Honey, why don't you just forget it." He heaved this huge, exasperated sigh, threw his arms out, and said angrily, "FINE!" On his way back to the bed, twice more he throws his arms out and sighs "Fine!" As he laid back down in bed with his back to me, I tried to put my arm around him, but he was quite mad and just laid there all stiff with his arm in the way. I finally started giggling, and his final reply was "Go ahead and laugh at me! It's NOT FUNNY!" which only made me laugh more. About this time, we both went back to sleep again.
In the morning, we both had a good laugh about the incident. He remembered a lot of it, even though he was asleep at the time.
Jeremy tells me I can be pretty funny in my sleep too. I talk sometimes, and I get really, really grumpy if he tries to get me to move over or if he takes some blanket away from me. The funniest thing to me was the night I think he was trying to get some blanket back from me, and I huffily told him, "You KILL me every night!!"

What about you? Do you do anything weird in your sleep?

3 comments:

cjhuts said...

How funny!!!!

Stacy said...

That's funny! I sometimes talk in my sleep and once asked my hubby why the vacuum cleaner was on the ceiling.
It isn't funny, but I also get nightmares when I get really stressed. One time I literally woke up screaming at the top of my lungs. Scared DH to death!

Nicole said...

LOL! That is so funny!!!

I'm not a funny sleeper. I'm a very annoying sleeper :P Lorne always tells me he loves me and that I'm beautiful in his sleep.

LOL Stacy!