Monday, November 9, 2009

Opinions, please

OK, I am trying and failing to figure out a good way to rearrange the kids room. I've taken some pictures--please pardon the mess! lol
The main pieces of furniture I need to fit are:

1 crib
1 toddler bed
Rocking chair
Dresser
Chest of drawers


Standing in the corner of the room looking towards the doorway.

Standing in the doorway looking left:


Standing in door, looking towards back left corner of room: (I normally have the crib pushed right up in this corner)



Standing in doorway looking straight into room:



I know it's hard to visualize in pictures, but any ideas for me??

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Hmmm,

I would keep the crib where there are no windows. So, maybe on the entrance wall or where the dresser is now? Then I would put the bed where that play kitchen is in the corner. Again, away from windows to keep your kids from opening windows or playing with blinds cords or whatever.

The chair could go beside the bed either on the left or the right wall. I hope this is making sense lol.

Can you possibly post a video of you scanning the room?

Amber said...

Yep, you make sense Nicole. I'll see if tonight after supper I can get a video and get it uploaded--that's a good idea. It's hard to show in pictures.

Nicole said...

Thank goodness it's a huge room though hey? Perfect for 2 boys! Let me know on FB if you upload a video.

Tammy said...

Option#1
I would put the bed at the back left corner of the room - headboard on the back wall and then running along the left wall towards the window, but still away from it.

I would put the crib directly in front of the door, if there's enough space to not back directly onto that window. I would put the rocking chair slanted between the end of the crib and that window.

You could put the dresser in between the bed and the rocking chair. And the longer chest of drawers could stay where it is.

Option#2
If there's room to put the crib where the long chest of drawers is currently (still away from that left window), then put the rocking chart at a slant by that window.

Put the bed at the back left corner but with headboard on the left wall, long way along back wall.

Put the dresser by the right window and the long chest of drawers directly in front of you as you walk in.

Hope that made sense :)

lost2society said...

I would put the big boy bed where the crib usually is (in the corner, against the wall) then I would put the crib a few feet over, with the
"headboard" against the wall and it coming out into the room - so you would have access to both sides of the crib.
Then put the chair either between the two beds or on the other side of the crib.

Is it an option to take the doors off the closet? I did that in the boys room, and while I haven't figured out the BEST way to make it work yet (ie - not ready to post pics of it!!) I like it a lot better than with doors!

Jessica Morris said...

sorry, that was me on my husbands account :-p