Saturday, July 19, 2008

Just so you know.....

It doesn't always pay to be cheap! :-p
I've been thinking it would be nice to have a stroller for Levi, although we won't use it very often so I didn't want to pay much. I went to Wal-Mart and saw an umbrella stroller with a canopy and a basket under the seat, and the box claimed it even had cupholders. The price was $19.96 There wasn't one on display, and I now know why! I brought it home, got it put together with Jeremy's help, and realized it's probably not going to work. The seat is hard and uncomfortable, making Levi sit in it all slumped over and unhappy looking. The "cup holder" is a mesh bag that snaps onto the handle. The handles are really short, which is fine for me but would make it super uncomfortable for Jeremy to push. And the wheels!!! They're plastic, for pete's sake. LOL--I'm sure those would hold up real well over time. :-p They're just lightweight, cheapy plastic. Boy, can you tell I'm impressed with this stroller??
I am going to return it, I think. When my mom visits next week (yay! mom's coming to visit!) we're tentatively planning a trip to Denver (3 hour trip) to go shopping. There are a couple of very nice kid's resale stores there, so I'll try to find a nicer stroller at one of those places.


Levi in the lovely stroller. See he doesn't look like he likes it does he? :-) (Actually, he's sick today so that's why he looks so "blah")

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow... what a great stroller! That is terrible! I hope you find a better one soon. So, do you guys just carry him everywhere right now?

Amber said...

Nicole, yes, we carry him around, either in his carseat or just in our arms. Of course, at Wal-Mart he can sit in the cart, but if I go to garage sales, thrift stores, etc I just have to carry him--he's getting heavy for that! :-p

Nicole said...

No kidding! there is no way I could carry a baby around all the time. We would have a few strollers at least. One jogging one for Lorne, one normal one for walks and a smaller one for malls :P

Anonymous said...

Amber-- he is just so cute!

That picture in the cruddy stroller is hilarious. Sad that they put out that kind of quality.