Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

We're home again! :-) Went to Texas to see my grandparents for Christmas. I'm thankful my sweet husband talked me into going....you never know how long they are going to be around, so it was good to get the opportunity to see them again. And of course, they were beyond thrilled to see us, and they loved Levi. He surprisingly took right to them and grinned, flirted, and really showed off.
We also saw one of my sisters, my aunt and uncle and a couple of cousins. It was a fun time. :-) I took quite a few pictures so I put them together in a slideshow for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Click to play Christmas 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It was really good to see you guys!! Thanks for all your help and picking up the food. If you guys hadn't been there it would have been that great for me LOL. Jeremy handled the whole weird family really well. :)

cjhuts said...

Cute pics!!
You are Leon's Great Aunt. Levi and Leon are 2nd cousins!!
Glad you got to go and glad you made it home safe!
Love,
mom H

Jeremy said...

OK I was curious and looked up relationships on Wikipedia. Foudn this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Canon_law_relationship_chart.svg

Since your grandparents are his great-grandparents, it looks like you and Leon are first cousins once removed. (Second cousins would share great-grandparents). Your mom would be his great aunt.

Anonymous said...

I do know that your cousin's kids (to you, not to Levi) are "first cousins once removed". Think of it like "Well, Joe is my first cousin, so Joe's SON is my first cousin ONCE REMOVED." And I think Joe's son's SON would be your first cousin TWICE removed.

I remember that from a Dear Abby or Ann Landers column a million years ago but I can never remember what she said about second cousins...so I don't actually know how Levi and the other baby are related but maybe somebody above me has it right on target?

Adorable pictures of Levi, Amber! And my, that's quite a storm!