*Warning: Picture-heavy post.*
Nicole was interested in seeing some pictures of our land and farm, so Nicole, this blog is for you! :-)
Coming in the next few days: Some pictures of our house/land where we live.
The grain bins where some of the crops get stored to sell at a later date.
One of the irrigation systems, watering some soybeans.
Milo (Grain Sorghum) just coming up good.
Our one and only corn field.
This is the engine for one of the irrigation systems.
We have had a lot of rain this spring/summer!! This poor neighbor has a lake in his corn field.
These next 2 pictures are of some neighbors harvesting their wheat.
Jeremy out working a field. This is a "summer fallow" field.....will be drilled to wheat this fall.
A view from the road as you leave the farmstead. (looking south) See the grain elevators in the distance? That is the closest town, and it's actually 14 miles away.
Another view of the summer fallow.
Jeremy in the distance on the tractor.
This is a picture from the road driving in. The farmhouse, workshop, grain bins and equipment are back behind those trees. Jeremy's mom and dad live in the house. This field you see in the foreground is not supposed to be soooo weedy!! ;-) With all the rain this year Jeremy got behind when it came to weed control! It will look much better soon.
And that is about all there is to see! I didn't get a picture of every single field, but you get the idea. :-)

7 comments:
Your blog needs a "Like" button! Thanks for posting, I like seeing your farm. :)
Hey - I recognize those places ;)
Thanks for letting me see home!
Those are great photos!! I love seeing your fields...the wheat fields are so pretty!!
Those are such great photos! Thanks for taking the time to take pictures Amber! It's so nice to see the farm! The wheat fields are so pretty. It looks just like here :o)
You get such good pictures, Amber. I always enjoy all of them...this is a special spot to touch several times a day. Of course, I am partial...but the family subjects and interests are still special. Lots of Love, MomK (also known as GrandmaK) :)
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing with us, the fields look so lovely. Arch would SO love to live on a farm again. I'm not showing him your blog or he will pack us up tomorrow :P
Amber, I've lived out in the country, too (though my parents weren't farmers). My dad is a pastor and loves the farming communities.
I miss seeing all that land! (I live in the big city now, and my parents have moved.)
What a big patch of land! Thanks for sharing the photos. So nice.
Post a Comment