
My sister-in-law Lois tagged me to post 7 random things about myself. I'll see what I can come up with! :-)
1. I'm a Texan at heart. ;-) I was born in Texas and lived there for the first 14 years of my life, until my family moved to Arkansas. Then I moved here to Kansas at age 19 when I met my sweet husband.
2. I'm a serious bookworm. Or, I am when I have the time! When I was in grade school, year after year I won the award for "Most Books Read"....always well over 100 books per school year. Nowadays I don't find as much time for reading, plus I try to refrain from reading many books because when I get into a good book, the house and children don't get near enough attention. ;-)
3. On the same note, I find it discouraging to visit the local library. It's not real big and I feel like I've read every (interesting) book they own! Some of them I've read twice. That is not an exaggeration. If I were rich, I think I'd spend all my money on books! lol!
4. I write poetry fairly often, when inspiration hits. I've had a few poems published in newsletters in the past.
5. I can't stand clutter!! I am constantly going around the house picking things up and straightening up the coffee table, dining table, kitchen counters, etc. It just drives me batty to have clutter laying around. I even pick up Levi's toys throughout the day in spite of knowing in 5 minutes he'll have them scattered everywhere again. :-) The funny thing is, the house can be dusty or grimy and it won't bother me as long as there's no clutter laying around. lol!
6. I started taking college classes to be a nurse, but dropped out when I got married. :-p I sure don't want to do that now....my family is more important....but someday when the kid(s) are all grown I may go back to that plan.
7. I used to have a horse. When my family moved to Arkansas, we lived on 17 acres and my parents let me buy a horse. The first one I bought was a lazy bum so I sold him after a year or two and bought another one. That one was a high-strung, nervous mess. :-p Sold him after a couple years too. I guess I had bad luck with horses, but it was still fun!
Most of the people I can think of to tag have already done something like this. So, I'm going to tag just one: Nicole
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
I Was Tagged!
Posted by Amber at 6:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ooooh poetry?! That is really awesome Amber :o)
You and I would get along if we ever had to live together. Our house would be spotless lol!
I had no clue you even liked horses. That is pretty neat amber!
Hopefully when Levi gets a bit bigger and you have more spare time you can start reading again. Then you and I can talk about books like nerds! Yay nerds!!!! ;o)
That is cool I used to write alot poetry myself :p
There is a horse stable right infront of my house.
and my dad used to be a horse farier until his eye started to deteriate.
I quit nursing school to get married too! I was doing a 4 year degree and had completed two but I spent the whole time telling God that if He sent me a husband I would quit nursing school to have babies. ;)
Post a Comment