Sunday, October 26, 2008

Kitchen Plans

So, we've finally decided to bite the bullet and remodel our kitchen this winter. Every winter during the farm's "off season" Jeremy takes on a home improvement project and since we've wanted to redo the kitchen ever since we bought this house, this will be the year for that big job. I am really excited about it--it's going to be sooo nice and such a huge improvement!!
The kitchen currently looks like this:

Standing by sink looking towards dining and living room:


Notice the weird red checkered backsplash, and the filthy nasty carpet:
The big window you see on the left is going to be replaced:


We will be replacing the carpet with vinyl of this design:




And the countertops will look like this:
Our first plan was to paint the cabinets an off white, but we decided it would just be easier to replace them with something better, so there will be medium-colored oak finish cabinets. Oh yeah, we're also replacing the sink with a "bisque" colored enameled sink. The border is coming down and the walls will be painted a sagey green. Let's see, what else.......Oh, we're adding more cupboards underneath the big window and replacing the current microwave stand/pantry with a cabinet that will match the other cabinets.
Like I said, I'm really excited about this and can't wait to see how it turns out!!! :-)

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Sounds like a big project- have fun! I can't wait to see pictures when its finished.

Chelsea Rae said...

That is so exciting! It will be so nice to have a brand new kitchen!!


...I can't believe the people who built your house put carpet in the kitchen... seriously! Who does that? ...and WHY!?!??! Yikes.

Amber said...

Stacy--yeah, it's going to be a huge project! My husband was feeling a bit overwhelmed today thinking about it. lol

Chelsea, I know, isn't it nuts?? You have to wonder what people are thinking sometimes! :-p

Jen said...

good luck! I think the floor and counters will look great although I think your cabinets are beautiful I would just add new hardware for them lol

Nicole said...

That is very exciting Amber! We are doing our kitchen reno at the end of next week. We are painting it a sagey type of green too!! I will post pics on my blog when its all done.

How cool will it be to not have yucky carpet!