Friday, January 16, 2009

"Childhood" meme

Here's a fun and different questionnaire. Answer the following questions about your growing up years and enjoy the trip down memory lane.

As a "youngster" (under 12):

What were a few favorite toys? My Little Pony's are what I remember most. Hated dolls and barbies with a passion! lol
Favorite movie? haha....this one's easy. I must have watched "Old Yeller" a hundred times.
Favorite television shows? "Lassie", "Rin Tin Tin-K9 Cop", "Rescue 911", "I Love Lucy"...just remembered another, "Gilligan's Island". :-)
Did you like to read? hmmm....well, since I consistently won the award for "most books read" in school....I'd say yes. :-)
Have any favorite books? any books with animals in them. This includes Black Beauty and Call of the Wild...read several times each. :-) I loved the author Bill Wallace. I also loved "ghost" books and mystery books. (The Bobbsey Twins series, The Ghost Twins series, "Christina's Ghost", "The Dollhouse Murders", etc. Yes, I'm weird.)
If female, were you a girly girl or a tomboy? Oh, most definitely a tomboy.
If male, were you a rough and tumble or a nerd? -----
Did you get along with your siblings (if you had any)? For the most part! We had a lot of fun together.
Did you have a pet? several pets over the years. Favorites were Pudge the calico cat and Hobi, my sheltie dog.
Name your best friend. Sissy.
What things were you scared of? Night lights. Seriously! I was always afraid mine was going to start a fire.
Public, private, or home school? Private Christian school
Favorite school subject? anything but Math?
Did you play any sports? Tee-ball when I was itty bitty, and 1 or 2 years of softball.
Did you have any "fad" toys? (eg, Pokemon, etc) hmmm....I had a "go-go puppy", and I collected "pogs" for a while. I guess those were fads.
Favorite/most memorable Christmas gift: The thing that comes to mind is a black hills gold ring I got when I was probably 8 or 9.
How was your bedroom decorated? No specific theme, maybe clowns since I collected them.
Favorite family activities: Easy: Going to the lakehouse my aunt and uncle bought (but didn't live in) on weekends in the summer. Boating, tubing, fishing, and bonfires. :-)
Best family vacation? Tennesee maybe? (but that was when I was 14 or so)
Your favorite childhood memory: Christmases with our whole family.
Did you ever do anything naughty that your parents have never found out about? More than one thing I'm sure. One thing that comes to mind is bringing home a kitten from a friend's house and hiding it in my closet, then pretending I "found" it in our backyard. It didn't work, I didn't get to keep it. :-p

Feel free to participate!!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

LOL about finding that kitten and lying about it.
I wouldn't have picked you as a tomboy though.
Nice idea, I will give it a go :)