Monday, January 12, 2009

Pray for Cocoa

It might sound silly, but I would like to ask for prayers for our puppy Cocoa.
She was outside this morning and for some strange unknown reason she wandered down the road a ways and I didn't know it. I looked out the window and saw a semi truck stop in front of our place, and the driver came to our door and said he just hit a puppy and wondered if it was ours. Well, Jeremy went to get her while I bawled, knowing for sure she was dead....how can a puppy survive being hit by a semi??? When Jeremy walked in the house carrying her and told me to get a towel, I was so shocked. She was alive! Her eyes were even open! We called the vet, loaded her up in the van and took her in. I was amazed to see her tail wagging while I rode in the back of the van with her, and when the vet walked in she started wagging again. After being checked over, the vet determined there are no fractures, and she has feeling all over her body, so no spinal cord injuries. Her eyes were bright and focused, so another good sign. Her breathing is real labored and she's not getting up, but it appears she may just be in shock, although they can't rule out internal injuries yet. Please pray that she will be fine. Also, pray that the vet bill isn't astronomical! :-s
The truck driver said when he honked, Cocoa moved over to the side of the road but not far enough since there was another truck coming from the other way. He thought he just clipped her with the bumper, so I guess that's why she's (hopefully) not too bad off.
I will keep you updated on what happens. I'm so thankful the trucker pulled over and let us know he hit her!!!! Not a lot of people would bother to do that. Thank you Mr. Truck Driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh no!!!! Poor poor Cocoa. And poor you :o( I am so glad that truck driver let you know. So, Cocoa is going to be okay right? Just shock? Let me know. I will pray now. Poor puppy :o(

Unknown said...

Oh my, Amber! Yes, indeed, it is ok to pray for Cocoa. Our Creator does care:
Genesis 1:25 (NIV)
God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
Also:
There will most definitely be animals during the millennial kingdom (Isaiah 11:6; 65:25)

Isaiah 11:6 (NIV)
The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

Isaiah 65:25 (NIV)
The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,” says the LORD.

Also: We know our Lord is concerned when we have sadness. Yes, we will pray.

Jeremy said Cocoa seemed to be doing better but will be watched carefully.

Love you all,
MomK

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's silly at all to ask for prayers for Cocoa! Hopefully she is just bruised and in shock and will bounce back but how scary!
clb

Nicole said...

Praying!

Jen said...

Poor cocoa!
my hubby's dog got hit a year ago by big truck and we thought the it was the worset...he was already 15years old... but he survived.. his foot got all the meat ripped off and his tail got cut so they had to numb him. So I am glad that Cocoa didn't have any broken bones or anything thats good.