Saturday, September 20, 2008

CAKE!


Today is Jeremy's birthday---he's 30! That makes ME feel old....I'm married to a 30 year old? LOL
Jeremy looooves Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, so I googled "Reese's Chocolate Cake" and found a recipe to try out. It's just 2 round chocolate cakes layered with a sweet (very rich!) peanut butter frosting. (peanut butter, powdered sugar, milk....) I will find out tonight if he likes it. It looks yummy! As you can see, there's also chopped Reese's on top of the cake. I intended to chop some up and put some in the batter before baking, as well, but I forgot. *rolls eyes* Oh well!
The only problem I have is the recipe made twice as much frosting as I need. Anyone know if you can freeze powdered sugar-based frosting? Or, how long it will keep in the fridge? I think it would be yummy to make chocolate cupcakes and frost with that frosting for our next church meal.....2 weeks from tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jen said...

That looks very yummy :)

Stacy said...

We play Settlers with 2 people, with the same rules. It does change the strategy a bit, which I didn't realize until we played it with 4. I do like it as a 2 player game though.

Anonymous said...

I'll be right over - save me a piece!

Nicole said...

Yum!!!! I want a piece! Happy belated birthday to Jeremy!!!!

Nicole said...

I nominated you for a blog award so check out my blog to get the details!