Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Incredible Shrinking.....Baby Clothes

OK, what's up with baby clothing?? If my clothes shrunk as much as Levi's do after I bought them, I'd never have a thing to wear.
This is not just happening with the "cheap" brands of clothing either, unless you count anything other than Baby Gap and Old Navy "cheap". I have bought countless clothing items at garage sales that say size 12 month, or 18 month, and Levi is wearing them now or has already outgrown them. And he is NOT by any means a large baby. He's actually small for his age.
This has happened with new items at well. I finally learned my lesson with JCPenney's. I bought some brand new outfits and had them hanging in his closet b/c they were too big. I finally decided he could wear the smaller outfit even if it was a little big, so I washed it, according to directions on tag, and it came out barely fitting him. :-p I went ahead and washed the other bigger outfits after that experience so he will luckily get to wear them more.
It just seems kind of pathetic!!

To tell the truth, I've not been impressed with the quality of *any* baby product we've owned, cheap brand OR "name brand". The Graco baby swing died, the $50 Fisher Price mobile still works, but it's made so flimsy I'm surprised it hasn't broke in half or something. You may remember my experience with the Wal-Mart stroller I blogged about a couple months ago.
The evenflo exersaucer has actually been great, other than the toys don't snap in real tight and Levi can pull them out if he tries hard enough. That's not a big deal though.

I guess that's my rant for the weekend. :-) I just want QUALITY for once!!!!!

0 comments: