Saturday, September 13, 2008

I want to cry....

My mommy heart is breaking for a little baby I've never met. Her name is Emily and she's almost 3 months old. Who is she? She's my niece. I just want to run down to her house, kidnap her and bring her home with me. If only I could get away with it! :-p
My sister, M, got pregnant with Emily at age 18, with some wild druggie guy (ok, so he's clean now, but still....he's not your poster child for goodness) after a bad breakup left her brokenhearted.
M took very poor care of herself while pregnant but thankfully Emily is healthy. However, my mom tells me Emily is left for hours at a time in her carseat or swing with little attention. Her head is actually getting mishapen from laying in one position/place all the time. They even prop her bottle up in the seat rather than hold and feed her. :-(
Anyway, today it has come to light that my sister has been "harassing" (in his words) her husband D for months on end, accusing him every day of cheating, lying etc. Today she followed him to work AND LEFT THE BABY HOME ALONE, and apparently she caused such a scene at work that D's boss called the police, who came and arrested her. She's now in jail until who knows when (until a court date I assume) and my mom has Emily. Yes, mom loves her grandbaby but she doesn't want to be a mom to a baby again! That's understandable. So hopefully soon the whole mess will get straightened out, but mom thinks M has mental problems or something so who knows.
Please pray for M, my mom Carol, and Emily.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my oh my oh my :o(

Poor baby Emily. Oh man... I wish you could adopt her and be her mommy. She needs someone like you to take care of her. I cannot even begin to understand how upset you must feel knowing you can't just scoop her up and take care of her :o( I will definitely be praying Amber. Let me know if anything changes.

Stacy said...

((hugs))
That's so sad. I'll be praying- I have some kids that I wish I could just bring home with me too.

Anonymous said...

(((Amber))) I can't even imagine!! I hope that your sister gets some help.

(My hubby's sister is 16-weeks pregnant ... at 13 ... so I fear we'll have some of this to deal with in the coming years ...)