Levi and I had a super fun, busy week. :-)
First, Monday was my birthday. Jeremy made me a cake (carrot cake!) and my gift was a digital picture frame. (very cool!!!)
Monday afternoon, my mom got here. She came to visit from Arkansas. I miss her a lot so it was GREAT to see her again. And, Levi loved her! They got along really great all week, and she spoiled him.....that's what grandma's are for right?
Tuesday, we ran some errands in town and Tuesday night we went to Montana Mikes (a local restaurant) and the FAIR. Wow--Levi was in heaven! Seriously. He had soooo much fun. Grandma brought him a stroller, so he rode around in that, and his little eyes were so big and his mouth was gaping open as he took in everything and everyone we saw. He loves going places so this was his "cup of tea". :-) I wish we had places like that to go more often....it's good for Levi (and me!) to get out and do stuff and see people.
Wednesday night grandma babysat and Jeremy and I went to the fair again to eat bbq and funnel cakes :-) and we went to the rodeo. (which was good for a laugh....just a small town college rodeo so it was a bunch of amateurs who couldn't even handle calf roping! lol)
Thursday, my mom and I and Levi went to Denver and got in a day of shopping!! Since that's 3 hours away, Jeremy said he hoped I'd find some real deals to make the trip worth it. Well, I took him at his word.....we went to this awesome kid's resale store and I spent $60 on clothes for Levi!!!! Eek. It seemed like a lot, BUT he didn't have any winter clothes yet for this coming winter, and now he should have enough for most of the winter. (unless he grows too fast and I end up with the wrong size--THAT would be frustrating.) Anyway, I got some really, really nice stuff, including baby GAP. I'll put some pictures of that stuff up later.
I also went to Sam's club and found a really good deal on an Eddie Bauer car seat. Levi's about to outgrow his current one so we'll need the bigger one soon. I just hope it fits in our car--it's kinda big!
My mom left this morning to go home again. :-( Back to the boring old routine. August is going to be a loooong month....hot, boring, nothing to look forward to. I sure wish I knew some young moms with babies in my town. I saw tons at the fair, but I don't know any of them....it would be neat if there was some sort of playdate group around here. Levi loves other babies so much I think he'd enjoy doing something like that, rather than being around the boring house and his boring mom so much. ;-)
Levi and Grandma H.
Who put who to sleep here?
Telling stories
Friday, August 1, 2008
A FUN week!!
Posted by Amber at 9:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Awwww!!! It must be so great to have your mom come stay with you. Sounds like you guys had fun at the fair and fun shopping! I love small town fair's :o)
Post a Comment