Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rare Cat?

I *think* we may have an albino kitty!!! It's kind of soon to tell, she's only just over 2 weeks old, but this kitten is solid white, with pink skin, pink nose, pink feet pads. This picture makes her eyes look a lot pinker than they are because of the flash, but they definitely have a pink look to them. That would make her an albino. How cool!!! I just read that they are something like 1 in 2000. It would be fun to have such a unique cat. If she is truly albino, we'll keep her and she'll have to stay in the house because supposedly she'll have really sensitive skin and a sensitive immune system.
I say "she" but I can't tell the gender right now. Whatever it is, his/her name is "Ghost". :-)
BTW, Ghost came from a gray tabby mom and orange tabby dad, both just barn cats.


2 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh! I want that kitten! it is so adorable! I hope it is albino! It sure looks that way!

Jen said...

It looks like it may be albino...but I would wait a little bit to see lol

its very cute!