This past weekend, Jeremy and I went to see the movie Fireproof, a movie produced by Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, GA. The movie has been out a month but just came to our local theater last week. We went, not knowing what to expect from a low-budget, Christian film (nothing against Christian movies, I just haven't seen very many that are intriguing, well-made, and non-cheesy lol), but wanting to support this church in their efforts if nothing else. Let me just say, we were impressed!!! Jeremy is not always easy to impress when it comes to movies (unless they have lots of action/fighting/intrigue) but he is still raving about how much he enjoyed this movie.
Fireproof had (mostly) great acting, some action, some truly funny moments, a lot of thought-provoking moments, and a message that was clearly Christian but not pushy or over-the-top. All actors but the lead character (Kirk Cameron) were local volunteers, which I thought was really cool.
Anyway, if you get the chance, I highly recommend this movie! And if you have unsaved friends, take them along too. You never know how they might be affected.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
GREAT Movie!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Amber at 4:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I haven't got to see the movie but I will go see it soon, My Pastor gave me and my sweetie tickets to a marriage confrence that went with that movie but I had to work and missed it :(
I am sure we will rent the movie when it comes out on DVD. I've heard it is really good!
Post a Comment